14 de abr. de 2008

The feelings of the woman at the well



I am a woman of no distinction
Of little importance
I am a woman of no reputation
Saved that which is bad
You whisper as I pass by
And cast judgmental glances
Though you don't really take the time to look at me
Or even get to know me
For to be known is to be loved
And to be loved is to be known
And otherwise what's the point
Of doing even either of them in the first place?
I want to be known
I want someone to look at my face
And not just see two eyes
A nose, a mouth and two ears
But to see all that I am & could be
All my hopes, loves, and fears
That's too much to hope for
Or to wish for, or to pray for
So I don't, not anymore
Now I keep to myself
By that I mean the pain
That keeps me in my own private jail
The pain that has brought me here
At midday to this well
To ask for a drink is no big request
But to ask it of me?
A woman unclean, ashamed, used and abused
An outcast of failure, disappointment, a sinner
No drink passing from these hands to your lips
Could ever be refreshing, only condemning
As I am sure you condemn me now
But you don't
You are a man of no distinction to know
Though of the utmost importance
A man with little reputation, at least so far
You whisper and tell me to my face
What all those glances have been about
And you take the time to really look at me
But don't need to get to know me
For to be known is to be loved
And to be loved is to be known
And You know me
You actually know me
All of me And everything about me
Every thought and sight
And hair on top of my head
Every hurt stored up, every hope, every dread
My past, my future, all I am and could be
You tell me everything
You tell me, about me
If that was spoken by another
Would bring hate and condemnation
Coming from you
Brings love, grace, mercy, hope & salvation
I have heard of one to come
Who would save a wrench like me
And here in my presence
You say I am He
For to be known is to loved
And to be loved is to be known
And I just met you
But I love you
I don't know you
But I want to get to you
Let me run back to tell them
This is way too much for just me
There are others
Brothers, sisters, lovers, haters
The good, and the bad, sinners and saints
Who should hear what you told me
Who should see what you showed me
Who should taste what you gave me
Who should feel how you forgave me
For to be known is to be loved
And to be loved is to be known
And they all need this too
We all do need it for our own

by www.realstudentlife.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário